Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Team-Up Thursday: Music

What a contrast between Joanna and my pictures this week! The theme is music, and they both represent music...but in such different ways. Color vs b&w, modern vs vintage.

The ear buds are Jo's - who else takes macros like that?? I'm always amazed by the clarity and detail of her shots, plus her lovely processing style.

And then I have some vintage Nadia! And her cousins! I had a photo in mind for this week's theme, but it never happened. I kinda forgot that the piano would be covered in a huge plastic tarp and utterly inaccessible as the downstairs is being painted this week! Yes, exciting stuff - my parents are having the kitchen redone and it is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.e.s! So I decided to raid the archives, and I could resist this photo of the cousins making some music together. Awww, they were so little and cute! It was taken almost exactly 4 years ago, the day after Sister #4 came home from the hospital.

music

Visit Megan for more Team-Up Thursday diptychs!

6 comments:

jillconyers said...

Love the contrast of the modern vs. vintage and the different perspectives of each photo. Makes for a nice combination of photos.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Love each of these for what they represent. The close up of the ear buds is perfect and the memories of the other picture... well priceless I'm sure!

Jen said...

Oh, I love that you pulled from the archives. Look how young there are in the photo!! Precious photo. Joanna can even make ear buds beautiful : )

Corey~living and loving said...

I love me some vintage Nadia.....love love love. :) I should go look at some of your first posts....I miss the toddler stuff....they were so cute.

carrie said...

Yes...Jo makes the most amazing macros....and I'm loving your "vintage" shot. Even though it is only from 4 years ago it looks like it could be from 40 years ago! Awesome. And kids playing on a piano, that is my most perfect idea of a shot any day!

Joanna said...

Carrie took the words right out of my mouth! Right when I said I thought the image looked vintage, I too thought it could have looked like any one of our childhood photos....or our parents! B/W, all lined up on the piano, its adorable. I too am glad you pulled from the archive when you find great pics like this! :0)